Hey Andre,

I may be off, but to help you along, I will give you my take on things to
the best of my understanding.  If there are any wrong points, I hope
someone can further clarify.

For your case, it looks like simply you are simply using binary
dependencies.  For that case, you have to consider where these items are
showing up and how they are released.  Your inclusion of a dependency will
affect the generated NAR (nifi-irc-processors-nar) and, while it seems to
be missing in the current PR, the zip and tgz nifi-assembly artifacts.  You
shouldn't need to include it in levels lower than this assuming you are
talking about JARs that compose the overall NAR.  While you are linking
these against dependencies, you are not explicitly bringing them into the
project through the JARs incorporated in the NAR.

Source inclusions are handled similarly but do go a level deeper as they
are also bundled with the JARs and are present in the root LICENSE and
NOTICE where applicable.  Again, both are for similar reasons with the
generated source package and JARs bundling this work including the source.

Do keep in mind the transitive dependencies.  Looking quickly through the
pom for kitteh, I see usage of some netty libraries as well as mbassador.
These would presumably also be collected upon building the NAR.

Of course, the docs we have on the site are quite nice if you need some
light reading material ;)  https://nifi.apache.org/licensing-guide.html
Both the guide and the links from it are good information and a nice
reference to revisit when working through these things.

Let us know if there are additional questions or if some additional
clarification is needed.  Hopefully my anecdotal thoughts are both somewhat
helpful and mostly correct!