Srini,

Looking at the screenshot, it appears that you have a search applied. The
criteria have resulted in more than the maximum supported number of results
(1000). If you want more recent results, try updating the search criteria
to more closely hone in on the desired timeframe.

The sorting that is applied simply sorts the results of the search. This is
meant to allow the user to more easily navigate to the desired events.

Matt