Will also cast a vote as feeling a bit off to me but it did get the wheels
turning.

Being a bit nefarious, I suppose you could accomplish this via a
#customValidate and performing an inspection of the processor relationships
to ensure they are not auto-terminated.

Have not actually tested, but in pseudocode-y goodness:

getRelationships().stream().filter(r -> r.isAutoTerminated() &&
r.equals(REL_FAILURE)).count() > 0

or something similar for a collection of relationships would give that
function and you could build a validation result around it... or at least I
think.