NiFi executes outside of the context of any given user. User 1 can schedule
some components and User 2 can unschedule them assuming both users have
permissions to all components in question. These components can be
unscheduled whenever the user deems it appropriate. The UI reports various
metrics so they will be able to understand the status at any given time
(for instance, maybe once there are no flowfiles queued up anymore). Then
the components can be unscheduled. If you're looking to automate this
process, you'll need to detect the condition indicating the 'execution is
finished' and then schedule the components through the REST API. The UI
uses the REST API exclusively for data flow management. Your browser's Dev
Tools will allow you to see all the requests in action.

Matt