dev,

What do you think about the idea of allowing an user to configure overrides
for the "master" configuration files in order to smooth upgrades?

In my opinion candidates would be_ bootstrap.conf_ and  _nifi.properties_

as they contain the links to all other files (logback.xml excluded).

Upon starting bootstrap and nifi would load first the standard files as it
does today, but once the load is done, the process would proceed to load
the local overrides (reaching its final configuration).

This way that whenever a user decides to upgrade, it would simply copy or
link the override file to the NiFi folder and voilĂ !

I realise this is not particularly a new idea, (YARN uses the "*-site.xml"
to configure local properties and so does a number of other JAVA based
applications I have dealt with) so I am keen to hear your thoughts

Cheers