dev,

In light of the some recent deprecations (ListenLumberjack) and some
potential deprecation (PutJMS/GetJMS) I started some progress on how to
document the depreciation of NiFi components using annotations.

In the absence of any better name I called the annotation
@DeprecationWarning (so not overlap with Java's @Deprecated)

The suggested modifications are part of PR#1718 and I am keen to hear your
thoughts.

While the documentation can be displayed as part of the usage, however I
would imagine the frequency a user browses to the usage pages will reduce
as her/him becomes familiar with the components.

In light of this it may be a good idea to use  the web UI to highlight a
processor has been deprecated.

Would anyone suggest a way of doing so without disrupting the user
experience?

Cheers