All,

I noticed that jsoncpp was added as a dependency in MINIFI-274. I'm currently
working a branch with an earlier root which uses RapidJSON.

What was the motivation behind jsoncpp? Looking at the benchmarks, RapidJSON is
significantly more efficient in terms of both CPU and memory [1]. The
difference is stark: 8ms parsing with RapidJSON vs 166 ms with jsoncpp;
4,833,344 bytes of memory with RapidJSON vs 24,560,400 bytes with jsoncpp.

RapidJSON has a somewhat less easy API, but it is not that difficult. Given the
target environments of MiNiFi, we may want to reconsider the library used for
JSON.

[1]: https://github.com/miloyip/nativejson-benchmark

-Andy