Russell,

Assuming you have the standard project structure with a pom and then
sub-modules for processors and NAR, does your root pom have a parent of
nifi-nar-bundles and if so what version?

Example:

<parent>
<groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
<artifactId>nifi-nar-bundles</artifactId>
<version>1.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</parent>

It would also be helpful to see the output of mvn dependency:tree
execute from your processors module.

-Bryan