Hi guys, I put all my flow template xml files inside the nifi template
directory specified inside the nifi.properties config file so that nifi
could read in all my templates. But sometimes I need to clear all the
templates currently inside nifi and then place in a new template, I would
remove all the template xml files inside the template folder and put the
new template xml file into it. But when I restart nifi, there're 5
templates available, which are 4 old templates and 1 new template.

I know I could manually remove all templates inside nifi, but I wish to do
this all programmatically. I also know nifi keeps the templates inside the
flow.xml.gz file.
So does nifi simply adds the new templates in the template folder into the
flow.xml.gz file without removing the old ones?

I have used beyond compare trying to compare the template xml file content
with the template section inside the flow.xml extracted from flow.xml.gz,
they're slightly differently and most content are the same, does anyone
know the relationship between these two?

What I want to achieve is to keep the templates in the template folder and
the templates in nifi in sync without having to manually  do anything in
nifi UI, does
anyone know if it's possible and if so how? Thanks.

/Ben