Hi guys, I've played around with the latest NIFI 1.4.0 release for a while
and I think the new variable registry feature is great, however I have 2
questions about this feature:

1. It seems that I could only add variables to a processor group, could I
add a global variable in the NIFI root processor group so it could be used
anywhere inside NIFI?

2. I want to route to different flows based on the variables I added, but
currently the only way I know that could make this work is like this:
myprocessor->updateAttribute(add the variable into FlowFile attribute)->
routeOnAttribute->different flows based on the variable value

I didn't find any routeOnVariable processor, is there any easier way that I
could use to implement conditional flow in NIFI? Thanks

/Ben