Hi,

I am exploring NiFi and was trying to use it to save data in HDFS in Parquet
format. I used PutParquet processor for the same. I am able to write a new
file to HDFS but if i try to overwrite an existing one then i get below
exception ("Overwrite Files" property of processor was set to true). I have
also attached screenshot of flow. I used UpdateAttribute processor to rename
flow file to a constant name so that flow always overwrites existing file. I
can see dot file getting created in hdfs but it gets deleted after failure
which i think is right. File permissions are not an issue, file was created
by NiFi and if i use GetHDFS processor then it is able to get the file and
delete it from HDFS.

I will appreciate any pointers to resolve this issue.

2017-11-30 19:49:12,900 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-5]
o.a.nifi.processors.parquet.PutParquet
PutParquet[id=46f35988-1e6a-36ec-89ff-6400608bee87] Failed to write due to
org.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.exception.FailureException: Could not
rename file /user/nifi/.gg_usr_test to its final filename: {}
org.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.exception.FailureException: Could not
rename file /user/nifi/.gg_usr_test to its final filename
        at
org.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.AbstractPutHDFSRecord.rename(AbstractPutHDFSRecord.java:420)
        at
org.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.AbstractPutHDFSRecord.lambda$onTrigger$1(AbstractPutHDFSRecord.java:345)

<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/t849/Capture.png>