Virgil,

This was intentionally introduced via NIFI-3907 [1] in Apache NiFi 1.3.0 as a
mitigation for CVE-2017-7667 [2]. Prior to this change, a malicious site could
have displayed the NiFi UI and introduced invisible overlays such that an
unsuspecting user would perform actions like entering sensitive credentials
into a malicious form field. See here [3] and here [4] for further information
on Cross Frame Scripting / Clickjacking, as the attack is called.

If you have some kind of enterprise portal and have a legitimate need to
display a NiFi UI within a frame that is not hosted on the same origin, you can
resort to modifying the value provided to the response header in the filter
here [5]. If you need this as an included feature in NiFi (for example, a
configurable URI in nifi.properties), I suggest raising a Jira ticket, but I
have to caution that it would be a low priority, as this actively weakens the
security of the system and is not a common use case.

[2] https://nifi.apache.org/security.html#CVE-2017-7667
[3] https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cross_Frame_Scripting
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cross_Frame_Scripting>
[4] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533028%28VS.85%29.aspx