I was thinking that with 16000 processors, you would need a large amount of
heap space allocated to the JVM.  A small heap would slow NiFi's ability to
do its work, because the JVM garbage collector would be consuming more CPU
time than what is healthy.  A 64 GB heap size, allocated in the NiFi
boostrap.conf, can work.  Hopefully the system you are running this NiFi
has adequate CPU and RAM resources.

-- Mike