Atul,

If you're finding distcp to be a good enough tool for the job then I
would definitely use it.  For the things distcp works for it is very
stable/very to the point/and if your use case fits squarely inside
there you'll be in a good position.

If you need more than direct file replication from one environment to
another that is when a flow management solution might make sense to
bring into the picture.

You'd have to share a lot more details about your nifi configuration
for anyone to help comment on duplicates.  It should be extremely
unlikely for duplicates to occur in a fairly straightforward
configuration.  Raw performance wise distcp doesn't make an
intermediary copy of the data like NiFi would so it *should* be a bit
faster in a pure sense for this particular use case but then see above
comments.

Thanks