Bobby,

If I'm correct, this setting is done during index creation and the
PutElasticsearch processors doesn't create index. It primarily works with
the assumption that the configured index already exists (people correct me,
if I'm wrong). If that's the case, there is no need to do anything on the
NiFi side. Rather while creating the index through ES APIs, you set the
"static" setting. Hope that helps.

-
Sivaprasanna