Looks like they've identified the onus being on the client not the
library. We do read column types when a Distributed Map Cache Client
is specified, so we should probably be able to do these conversions.
Please feel free to write a Jira [1] to cover this.

Thanks,
Matt

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI