Maybe I should explain what I'm doing and where my last two issues came
from as well.[1]

I'm trying to run NiFi in an environment where the tarball is extracted (as
downloaded from Apache) but I don't have write access to that directory at
all. So _all_ files NiFi writes need to go into another directory. Meaning
I have to point bootstrap.conf somewhere else, PID dir, Log dir, Content
repository, Provenance repository, NAR work dir etc. - this means I cannot
overwrite nivi-env.sh as it's being picked up from wherever nifi.sh lives.

Maybe I'm missing something but that doesn't seem super trivial. Any hints
are highly appreciated.

[1] <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5352> & <
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5350]