Based on the versions that worked/didn't work, I am assuming this concerns
the host header protections that was covered in NIFI-4761 and then made
configurable to our Docker image in NIFI-4788.  What changed is detailed in
the admin guide toward the bottom of the Proxy Configuration section [3].

If this doesn't quite seem to coincide with what you are experiencing, more
information (inclusive of compose file, if possible) would be great.

[3]
https://github.com/mcgilman/nifi/blob/acb19a91fc7908e10dbc2b4364daa1657fc7657b/nifi-docs/src/main/asciidoc/administration-guide.adoc#proxy-configuration