Kevin,

I feel your pain, that's a particularly nasty bug, and in fact there
were a few bugs to be included in the 2.7.2 release. However, AFAIK
Jython 2.7.2 was never released. The latest in Maven is 2.7.1 [1], and
even in Github there's only a 2.7.2 alpha tag [2].  Do you know of a
place to get a 2.7.2 release?

Regards,
Matt

[1] https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.python/jython-standalone