When NiFi is started for the first time, the Component Access Policies are
not populated even for the Initial Admin or for legacy DFM_ROLE users in
authorized-users.xml file.That is, not unless a flow.xml.gz file exists.
The fact that the admin user does not have access to these policies has led
to confusion for a great number of users.

I believe this came up before and an explanation was given that since the
flow.xml.gz does not yet exist (nor the root process group's UUID), the
Component Access Policies cannot be created. However, I have to believe
there is a mechanism that can be employed to return to policy generation
after the flow.xml.gz is created.

Can someone provide some pointers to where in the code I can look to see
where the Global Policies are initially created and/or where Component
Policies are created when migrating with an existing flow.xml.gz?

Thanks,
Mark