I had two thoughts related to our GitHub usage that I wanted to throw
out there for PMC members and committers...

1) I think it would be helpful if everyone setup the link between
their Apache id and github [1]. Setting up this link puts you into the
nifi-committers group in Apache (currently 17 of us are in there), and
I believe this is what controls the list of users that can be selected
as a reviewer on a pull request. Since PRs are the primary form of
contribution, it would be nice if all of the PMC/committers were in
the reviewer list, but of course you can continue to commit against
Gitbox without doing this.

2) I also think it would be nice if most of the commits in the repo
were signed commits that show up as "Verified" in GitHub [2]. Right
now I think we lose the verification if the user reviewing the commit
doesn't have signing setup, because when you amend the commit to add
"This closes ...", it technically produces a new commit hash, thus
making the original signature no longer apply (at least this is what I
think is happening, but other may know more).

These are obviously just my opinions and no one has to do these
things, but just thought I would throw it out there for discussion in
case anyone wasn't aware.

-Bryan

[1] https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/
[2] https://help.github.com/en/articles/signing-commits