Hi,

There is another NiFi JMS connection ControllerService, that is
JndiJmsConnectionFactoryProvider.
With PublishJMS and JndiJmsConnectionFactoryProvider, I was able to
send message to a HornetQ queue.

JndiJmsConnectionFactoryProvider config example:
- Initial Naming Factory Class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
- Naming Provider URL: jnp://localhost:1099
- Connection Factory Name: /ConnectionFactory
- Naming Factory Libraries: /Users/koji/Downloads/hornetq-2.4.0.Final/lib

Hope this helps.
Koji