Well there are two different encryption parts here -
encryption-at-rest and encryption-in-transit...

Encryption-at-rest would have to be part of your script that is
calling the REST API. Somehow you create a config file with encrypted
values, and your script needs to read those in an decrypt them in
memory and then put them into the content that will be sent in the
HTTP PUT or POST request.

Encryption-in-transit would be handled by the fact that you would be
making an HTTPS request to NiFi, so the contents of the POST or PUT
request are encrypted in transit. This is the same thing that is
happening if you were in the NiFi UI and typed in a password into the
sensitive property field.