Hi Ben,

From the error, it appears the HTTPS handshake (to identify the endpoint) is
successful but the communication over the RAW transport is failing.

Can you share the approximate size of your flowfiles being transmitted between
the two endpoints? If the contents are large, it may require increasing the
timeout to a value like 300 seconds to allow the socket transmission to
complete. You may also want to investigate changing the transport protocol from
RAW to HTTP, which will allow for slightly different communication (RAW =
HTTP(S) handshake, socket transport; HTTP = HTTP(S) for both).

Do you have any network traffic monitoring (Wireshark, etc.) where you can
evaluate the actual data being transmitted between the nodes? If you see data
transfer simply not completing by the time the timeout occurs, you basically
have two options - raise the timeout or perform a split on the content within
the transmitting NiFi and reassemble at the receiving end.

Koji Kawamura put some detailed diagrams explaining the various transport
protocols on the wiki [1].

Hopefully this helps or at least leads you down the right path. With additional
details we may be able to offer further assistance.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Support+HTTP%28S%29+as+a+transport+mechanism+for+Site-to-Site

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Support+HTTP(S)+as+a+transport+mechanism+for+Site-to-Site>

Andy LoPresto