Team,

We've discussed it in various forums but I want to formally move to
taking action on our PR situation.  As of a couple hours ago we had
280 or so open PRs.  Many many many of these are quite old (two or
more years).  These aren't just abandoned PRs because they were not
good enough to be clear.  There are actually a lot of good and
interesting things in here.  I think though we simply cannot keep up
with the PRs that come in.  The most difficult appear to be less about
fixing bugs and more on adding features.  Anyway, we clearly get a lot
of PRs and we clearly close a lot of PRs but many remain unaddressed.
Other communities such as Apache Spark [1],[2] have provided an auto
close mechanism.  It is intended to keep the PR queue tidy and not
just go endlessly without a response.

I am planning to implement the same with a 180 day auto-stale/closure
using the same github/ci workflow [3] based on github action [4].  You
can see the results of this here [5].

If someone disagrees please share a workable alternative that doesn't
leave the PRs or those that submitted them hanging indefinitely which
you are willing to implement.

[1]
http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Handling-stale-PRs-td8015i20.html#a9684
[2]