Marc,

How would this differ from a more generic use of the existing processors,
PutTCP/ListentTCP and PutUDP/ListenUDP?  I'm not sure what value is being
added above these existing processors, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

There's already an ability to serialize flowfiles via MergeContent. And
there's the deserialize side in UnpackContent. So a dataflow that looks
like the following would seem a reasonable approach to the problem:

MergeContent -> PutTCP -> {diode} -> ListentTCP -> UnpackContent

I'm actually very interested in this topic, having a project that has a use
case for a "diode". So I'm legitimately asking here, not trying to derail
your work.

Thanks in advance,

Adam