Hello,

The ldap-user-group-provider does not require that you use both the user
sync and group sync to obtain the list of users and group associations from
your AD.
In your case, it may be best to only perform the group sync byu configuring
the properties as follows:

    <property name="User Search Base"></property>
    <property name="User Object Class"></property>
    <property name="User Search Scope">SUBTREE</property>   <--- leave this
set as it is a required property to be set even if user sync is not being
performed
    <property name="User Search Filter"></property>
    <property name="User Identity
Attribute">sAMAccountName</property>       <--- keep this set so that group
member attribute DNs returned during the group sync are not used to
identify the user.  Instead the user's sAMAccountName string will be used
    <property name="User Group Name Attribute"></property>
    <property name="User Group Name Attribute - Referenced Group
Attribute"></property>

    <property name="Group Search Base">DC=xxxxx,DC=com</property>
    <property name="Group Object Class">group</property>
    <property name="Group Search Scope">SUBTREE</property>
    <property name="Group Search Filter">(cn=NIFI*)</property>
    <property name="Group Name Attribute">sAMAccountName</property>
    <property name="Group Member Attribute">member</property>
    <property name="Group Member Attribute - Referenced User
Attribute"></property>

Hope this helps you get the list you are looking for.

Thanks,
Matt