PR 5598 for NIFI-9474 is now merged into the main branch, which streamlines
version updates to Log4j 2 dependencies.  It also excludes log4j-core older
than 2.15.0 from build artifacts, so this should provide a good basis for a
patch release.

https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/5598

Regards,
David Handermann