Hi Chris,

I like this idea and have been thinking of a number of other improvements we
could make for container images of Apache NiFi, including (I think discussed on
another thread) consolidating Dockerfiles for dockerhub / dockermaven, as the
only significant difference is where the nifi assembly archive comes from,
arm64 images that run native on ARM platforms, including newer M1 Macs
(requires some minor changes to NiFi source itself to compile).

I’ve started a Wiki page [1] to collect ideas, and once we reach consensus on
the improvements we’d like to make and possible approaches, we can turn these
into Jiras.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/NiFi+Docker+Container+Improvements

Thanks!