Thanks for the replies Kevin and Pierre!

Various JDK vendors have different timelines for Java 11 support, some
planning to end active support in September 2023 and others in October
2024.  Either way, I agree that moving to Java 11 as the minimum version
should be a shorter duration, with the goal of making Java 17 the minimum
before too much time elapses.

As far as a general timeline for removing Java 8 support in NiFi, a good
goal in my mind would be no later than the end of this calendar year, 2022.

Regards,
David Handermann