From a custom processor, I intend to interface with a third-party service (via simple HTTP client), however, I would need as I understand it to

   a) maintain a private key by which I can identify myself to that
   third-party service and
   b) maintain a trusted-store certificate by which I can guarantee the
   identity of the service.

This is pretty far outside my own experience. I have been reading on how this is achieved in Java, but in my mind a complication arises from the fact that a custom NiFi processor lives within NiFi's JVM. My question is therefore, how can I control the certificates and authorities for my use in or associated with NiFi's JVM. Clearly, I don't grok this well enough even to ask the question; I'm hoping someone can see through what I'm asking and point me in a good direction to study.

I've written a pile of successful and useful custom NiFi processors to cover proprietary needs, so custom-processor writing isn't a mystery. Certificates, keys, trusts and security in general still is.

Profuse thanks,

Russ