Keith,

0. Please subscribe to dev list following the link provided in
https://nifi.apache.org/mailing_lists.html

1. IRC is definitely non active.  The mailing lists and slack are the
two mechanisms.

2.  Please do share what you're seeing when you try the slack link.
That is our most popular/active communication mechanism right now.

Thanks