My team has flow file attributes which we do not always know whether they
are JSON or not. We would like to run JsonPath on them but when they are
not  JSON we get flow files yielding as detailed in NIFI-10396
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-10396>. I understand the
reasons given there not to support the patch but I was thinking of possibly
another solution which could short circuit the issue. I wanted to propose a
new Expression Language method isJson which would determine whether an
attribute is JSON or not. This would allow for determining whether an
attribute is JSON and pass it along to JsonPath or route accordingly when
it is not JSON. Does that sound reasonable?