Here's the example from the Neo4J client driver javadoc:

https://neo4j.com/docs/api/java-driver/current/org/neo4j/driver/Config.TrustStrategy.html#trustCustomCertificateSignedBy-java.io.File...-

I think creating a custom component for Neo4J is the right move. It's
the only thing I've seen so far that requires a PEM and is
incompatible with a JKS or P12 file.

Besides, graph is a fast evolving field so I would assume most graph
users take it for granted that we might need to break things to keep
up with their stacks.