Van: David Handermann <exceptionfact...@apache.org>
Verzonden: zondag 11 december 2022 04:08
Aan: Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
CC: dev@nifi.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DISCUSS] Finalizing Release Goals for NiFi 2.0

Hi Otto,

Thanks for the reply, that is a good question.

There is certainly a need to maintain the current version 1 branch for some
amount of time, but the exact amount of time will need to be determined.

Point 10 of the Proposed Release Goals includes implementing migration tools,
which will have to be implemented in subsequent version 1 releases, so support
for version 1 would not go away any time soon. It will become more difficult to
maintain libraries as time goes on, but we should also identify some strategies
for subsequent maintenance releases.

I anticipate the need for future votes to sunset version 1, but that should not
occur until there has been significant work on version 2 and associated
migration tools, with documentation.

The main purpose of the 2.0 Proposed Release Goals is to focus that scope, and
as you noted, we should give some parallel consideration to scoping for version
1 releases.

Regards,
David Handermann