Hi,

The maven process should download and install node and npm within the
target directory. You shouldn't need to install them on your system
manually. The actual npm commands once installed are also executed from the
target directory of that module. This is why the file package.json does not
exist in the source root or directly in that module as well. Would it you
possible for you to share more output from the failed maven command? If you
scroll further back it may have additional details regarding the issue.

Thanks