I'm posting this plea for suggestions as I'm short on imagination here.

We have some custom processors that need extraordinary amounts of configuration of the sort a flow writer would have to copy and paste in--huge amounts of Yaml, regular expressions, etc. This is what our flow writers are already doing. It would be easier to insert a filename or -path, but...

...asking a custom processor to perform filesystem I/O is icky because of unpredictable filesystem access post installation. Thinking about how installation is beyond my control, I don't want to make installation messy, etc. Containers, Kubernetes deployment, etc. complicate this.

I thought of wiring /GetFile/ to a subdirectory (problematic, but less so?) and accepting files as input to pass on to needy processors who would recognize, adopt and incorporate configuration based on higher-level and simpler cues posted by flow writers as property values.

Assuming you both grok and are interested in what I'm asking, do you have thoughts, cautionary statements or even cat-calls to offer? Maybe there are obvious answers I'm just not thinking of.

Profuse thanks,

Russ