Joe,

Thanks for initiating the discussion on a 1.24 release. There are a
handful of new features, plus additional deprecations and dependency
upgrades that would be very useful to release sooner rather than
later.

If we are considering a 1.24 release within the next week, then I
would expect needing a 1.25 release to incorporate some additional
deprecations around the same time we are ready for a 2.0 milestone
release version.

I am in the process of implementing a replacement for H2 to store flow
configuration history, and I plan to have a pull request ready in the
next few days. There will be some additional work to support migration
on version 1 support branch.

If we want to move forward with a 1.24 release within a week or so,
then these changes could be targeted for 1.25. If we want to wait a
few weeks, then I could see this being incorporated in 1.24.

Regards,
David Handermann