Dan,

Thanks for highlighting that scenario. In that case, as an improvement
on the support branch, I think the title conveys the intended branch,
and the pull request would also make that clear.

One other potential option is adjusting the Jira Field configuration
to include a third Version field, named something like Target Version.
However, with improvements and new features primarily targeting the
main branch, I'm not sure that will be necessary in the long run.

Regards,
David Handermann