I also agree with this stance for an initial period of transition time, but
this obviously has a huge impact on contributions. Without any kind of end
date, I worry this is going to be policy indefinitely. Because of this, I
tend to agree with what Rob said in the previous email. Maybe once 2.0 is
released, that's the end of this transition period where UI features must
be implemented twice (unless desired or needed for backward compatibility,
as Rob pointed out).