On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sean,
>>
>> Do you mind updating the contributor guide to reflect a preference
>> (but not at the exclusion of)?
>>

> Sure. Of patches-on-jira over github-pr, or something else?

It sounded like your preference was patches-on-jira before github-pr
and I think I understand why (so we can more readily automate QC
processes in the near term).  Just want to make sure we call that out
but at the same time the PR submission via github is so convenient for
folks to contribute that i want to make sure we don't exclude that
path.

>> Regarding the muti-module do you think that is superior to simply
>> having activated profiles for now?  I just want to avoid restructuring
>> until we 'know' the need.
>>

> I think it depends on what's involved in the RPM packaging. If it's just an
> init script in src/main/resources, then sure restructuring is premature. If
> there are instructions beyond "-Prpm", then I think it's worth it if only
> for discoverability.

Roger - agreed.