Github user joey commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-nifi/pull/51#issuecomment-120740843

    Sorry, hit comment by accident.

    This matches the behavior of Flume so there's no loss in functionality for
the user. In fact a number of sinks/sources have config parameters to run
threads internally for parallelism so users can still take advantage of those.
Finally, I reviewed some Flume code and I'm nervous about finding subtle
concurrency issues with trying to run multi-threaded sinks/sources.

    If performance is a real concern as users start working with it, we can
work on adding it in the future.

    I should have an updated PR with the other comments addressed later today.

    As far as a drop down of sources/sinks go, Flume has no service loader
mechanism so I can't do it generally. I could populate a combo box with the
sources/sinks we ship and users could type in a class if they added one after
the fact.

    There is no API for introspecting config parameters so we'll have to keep
that a copy/paste experience. I agree with Ryan, if any sources/sinks see a lot
of adoption we should re-write them as first-class processors.

---
with INFRA.
---