Hi devs,

The Solr schema must be updated as well to get dedup to work in 1.3. This is
because in december last year index-basic seems to have been updated to write
proper formatted dates to Solr but the schema field was still a long.

Somehow Solr accepted (this is a bug) the input but cannot cope with the
output, nor could Nutch convert the date to the internally used long (which it
now can). The remaining issue is to update the field to use date instead of
long. But this will break existing Solr set ups for sure because of field
incompatibility.

I propose to update the field, regardless of current Solr set ups because of
the assumption that 1) an index can always be recreated from segments and 2)
the current indexer assumes the Solr bug remains in 3.1 and higher as well.

I haven't tested it with 3.1 but the bug is in 1.4.1 for sure.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex