Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Nutch Wiki" for change
notification.

The "Getting_Started" page has been changed by LewisJohnMcgibbney:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Getting_Started?action=diff&rev1=4&rev2=5

- This page is a collection of information that is useful for new developers.
Some of this is going to need to be moved to the Hadoop Wiki but I am putting
it here first as I assemble this. Please feel free to add, comment and make
corrections.
-
- Steve
-
  To new developers: If you want to begin to develop on Nutch do not forget to
get started looking at the Hadoop source code. Hadoop is the platform that
Nutch is implemented on. In order to understand anything about how Nutch works
you need to also understand Hadoop.

  === What are the Hadoop primitives and how do I use them? Why are they there
(what functionality do the add over regular primitives)? ===