Hi Aamir,

Please excuse me not getting back to you off-list, the message is in my
drafts and I got distracted yesterday.

At this stage if you intend on applying for the issue then I would advise
you to get registered with GSoC, and begin writing up a publicly viewable
draft submission. You have until the 6th to do so, so plenty of time.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Aamir Khan <syst3m.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The project of web scraping at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-978 looks good to me. I
> understood the basic concept of the project but as I'm new to Nutch it will
> take some time to understand it fully in context of NUTCH.

Well you have the summer to get up to speed with Nutch right? So I wouldn't
necessarily worry too much about this just now. Just get your submission
ready and we will take it from there.

> I'm looking forward for guidance from your side, how should I go about
> submitting a proposal for GSoC.

If you feel you need help with any aspect of the issue or the submission
then please get on to user@ and we will try to help out as much over there.
In the meantime please see here [0] for guidance on your application
submission. There is plenty of documentation and guidance over there.

Thanks and again apologies for not getting back to you yesterday.

Lewis

[0] http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

--
*Lewis*