Hi Julien,

Believe it or not I've just spent around 45 mins waiting on committing
the site... broadband in Paris is nothing short of utterly abysmal to
say the very best. Please see my comments below

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Julien Nioche
<lists.digitalpeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like you've released 2.0. If so can you make an announcement to the
> mailing list + update the website.

Done

> It's not really something that should go
> unnoticed. I know about the press release but surely it does not mean that
> NOTHING should be said about the release then.

Quite right.

> I see a 1.5 on a mirror (http://apache.mirrors.timporter.net/nutch/) with
> the same release date as 2.0. Shouldn't it be 1.5.1? Can you please clarify?

This relates to the message on private@ the other night and concerns
the rearranging (cleaning up) of the dist/nutch directory on
people.apache.org to accommodate the additional 2.0 directory. The 1.5
artifacts are identical to the ones we VOTE'd on, same goes with
2.0's. The mirror will confusingly display that these have been
mirrored at the same time, which of course is the case, but they were
certainly not released in parallel.

OK so now concerning 1.5.1, we have still to VOTE on the rc#3 so I've
gently put out a ping for this on dev@ and user@

I hope this answers all and I can only really apologise and say thanks
to everyone who has made time and effort to VOTE over the last few
months. There has been a very encouraging amount of work done within
the dev community and it's been very rewarding to see us getting Nutch
moving at a really steady pace.

All for now

Have a great weekend

Lewis