-1 we still need to fix the last issue of the new segment merger test and the
indexing issues. We also introduced the hostdb in 1.8 but it doesnt seem to
work. Releasing 1.8 now is releasing a broken nutch.

Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com> schreef:Hi All Nutch'ers,

This thread is a VOTE for releasing Apache Nutch 1.8. The release candidate
comprises the following components.

* A staging repository [0] containing various Maven artifacts
* A branch-1.8 of the trunk code [1]
* The tagged source upon which we are VOTE'ing [2]
* Finally, the release artifacts [3] which i would encourage you to verify for
signatures and test.

You should use the following KEYS [4] file to verify the signatures of all
release artifacts.

Please VOTE as follows

[ ] +1 Push the release, I am happy :)
[ ] +0 I am not bothered either way
[ ] -1 I am not happy with this release candidate (please state why)

Firstly thank you to everyone that contributed to Nutch. Secondly, thank you to
everyone that VOTE's. It is appreciated.

Thanks
Lewis
(on behalf of Nutch PMC)

p.s. Here's my +1