Hi Folks,

The Nutch team are currently on the lookout for interested students willing
to engage in this years Google Summer of Code Program [0].
What is GSoC? A global program that offers students stipends to write code
for open source projects. In 2014 the Apache Nutch project participated in
a successful project which resulted in a WebApplication for the Nutch 2.X
REST API.
Right now we are currently soliciting applications ON ANY TOPIC/ISSUE from
students.
Interested students should write to dev@nutch.apache.org with their
questions/proposals where one of the team will aid you with a response.
To give a helping hand, the PMC have already suggested a potential issue
which involves porting Nutch (trunk) to the Hadoop 2.X API [1]. We are
however open to any other topic students may be interested in and willing
to discuss.
Thanks in advance,
Lewis
(On behalf of Nutch PMC)