I'm redoing everything on my end.... pretty much from scratch....

The question I had when I woke up this morning... Do I really need to
configure VM's in order to run multiple nodes? Or does running multiple,
Nutch-Solr nodes, sufice if they are under their own user space? If I
remember correct;ly one could not run multiple Nutch instances from the
same user because all those instances would write to the same TMP file or
something like this... But this shouldn't be the case when each instance is
run from its own user account.

With that sayd... If its really as easy as running the instances from their
own account... I could try and use Hadoop 3, say like till the end of next
week and report back.

Greetz