Hi dev@,

We currently maintains a combination of Jenkins [0] and GitHub Actions [1]
for CI.

For the longest time, we relied solely on Jenkins. This was really useful
particularly when committers were pulling build artifacts from Jenkins
nightly and relied on SVN trunk being stable. The Jenkins job used to be
run nightly but no longer is. It is not clear exactly when nightly SNAPSHOT
builds were turned off.

In 2020 we accepted a pull request [2] which established GitHub Actions and
since then have gradually added small but important updates to the GitHub
Actions workflow [3].

I can elaborate on the details of what each CI workflow does (it is not
overly complex) but before I do that, is there any preference on choosing
one (Jenkins Vs GitHub Actions) over the other?

Thanks

lewismc

[0] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Nutch/
[1]